Do you ever feel like you are
being squeezed from every direction?
The people who report to you need your help and
expect you to help them grow professionally...
-and the people you report to expect you to
accomplish greater results
with fewer resources...
-and the people at home repeatedly ask
why you are always working!
(Can you relate? If so... keep reading.)
Leaders today are working in a time of unprecedented global change and complexity.
Whether the focus is on bottom-line results, customer satisfaction, expanding market share, innovation or globalization, the pressures are immense.
Add to that work-life balance issues and the result is incredible stress that impacts your success, both professionally and personally.
And in the middle of all this, you are expected to be proactive in developing your own leadership and providing growth and development for your employees, while meeting and exceeding business goals.
And you wonder why you are drained and exhausted!
As a manager or leader, it is your job to help your team members:
- grow professionally
- think critically and differently
- become more self-aware
- recognize their strengths and weaknesses (and blind spots)
- ask for help when needed
- support and encourage them personally and professionally
- make plans and make those plans happen
So - how do you fit all of this into your already packed 24 hours a day?
You coach. You coach to get better, sustainable results.
"Organizations whose managers are highly effective at coaching outperform their peers by a two-to-one ratio in productivity, retention, and financial performance."
Bersin Study: November 2011
We know you probably didn't learn how to be a leadership coach when you earned your MBA- but leadership coaching is a critical skill if you want to be the leader people choose to follow and get sustainable results!
That's exactly why we developed our coach training program for leaders.
The Heart of Leadership Coaching® Program provides leaders with training on core coaching concepts and skills, a model for coaching, and tools to help you get the best results from the people you coach.
When you coach your employees, they are engaged, feel valued, and bring their best to work every day!
The best leaders are coaches.
Who would benefit from participating in The Heart of Leadership Coaching® Program?
- C-Suite Executives
- Managers (or aspiring Managers)
- Business Leaders (or aspiring Leaders)
- Non-Profit Leaders
- Human Resource Professionals
- Talent Management Professionals
- OD Professionals
- Team Leaders
What is included in The Heart of Leadership Coaching® Program?
- 2-Day Class, conducted by a Business Leader and Certified Facilitator for The Heart of Leadership Coaching Program
- Current research and key strategies for effective leadership coaching
- Core coaching concepts
- Impact Coaching Model™ to provide a process and structure for effective leadership coaching
- WOW Coaching Chat® for informal coaching conversations
- A hands-on coaching experience designed to maximize learning
- Understanding the differences in the roles of coach, manager, and mentor
- Learn the non-negotiables to be an effective coach
- Awareness of strengths and areas of growth for you as a coach
- A system for adapting your style to meet the style of your coachees
- Two 45 minute individual coaching sessions
- One 1-hour group coaching session
- Receive 14 SHRM PDCS and 14 HRCI Recertification Credits after completion of the program
- Earn your Heart of Leadership Coaching Certification within 6 months of completing the requirements for the program
Are you interested in becoming a Certified Facilitator for your organization?
Certified Facilitator Training for The Heart of Leadership Coaching®*
Contact us to submit your application to become a Certified Facilitator for The Heart of Leadership Coaching® Program for your organization*.
- successful completion of the designation requirements for The Heart of Leadership Coaching® Program
- successful completion of a pre-approval interview
- provide documentation showing that internal training is part of your role within your organization